CDM High School
2018 Track & Field
March 8, 2018
Great turnout at the Parent Meeting!
Thank you to every parent who made it to our meeting this past Monday, March 5th. We appreciate EVERYONE who filled out a registration form, made a tax-deductible donation to the Sea King Running Foundation, and picked up their athlete’s uniform. In case you were not able to make it, here are some links to the forms we passed out. You can have your athlete turn it in at practice, or mail it to the address on the form.
PLEASE READ IF YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND
- Fill out registration form completely. Mail as instructed, or give it directly to Coach Sumner. Forms are due by March 16th.
Click here: 2018 CDM Track & Field Registration Form
- We are grateful for the suggested $400 donation which DIRECTLY helps the program. (Sea King Running Foundation Tax ID # EIN 20-5480595)
Higher levels of underwriting are also available.
- Have your athlete ask about their specific shoe/spikes needs for their event from their coach (it varies depending the event they participate in – ie Jumpers need different spikes than runners)
- We are asking that each parent volunteer at at least 1-2 meets during the season! There are many ways we can use your help.
Timer – finish line; stopwatch and quick tutorial provided.
Spotters for finish line coaches. They appreciate help so we get the most accurate times for all our runners.
Measurer/raker in high jump, long jump and triple jump pits
Scorer – Note top finishers on score cards at finish line; take to score book keepers at tent. ALSO, we would like train 2-3 people to learn how to note scores in the official scorebooks. Just sit and observe a few times!
Snacks/Water – we can use many of you for this
Photography – we need photos for each type of event; help with season-end slideshow shown at banquet.
Banquet committee – see Julie Means or Brigid Cianfrani if interested.
It REALLY is fun, and its great meeting each other and watching our kids at the same time. Reply to this email if you are willing to help out. Thank you to those who signed up at the parent meeting!
- Keep this schedule in a handy spot for reference, and COME OUT to the meets to support our Sea King athletes!
Click here: CDM 2018 Track & Field Schedule
- Request to join our private Facebook Group: Corona del Mar High School XC and Track & Field. We post and invite all parents to upload any photos they take at the track meets. We also get information out through our Sea King newsletter and the Facebook page.
- Have your athlete join the Magic Shoe Club which supports the Cynthia Holcomb Magic Shoe Foundation. All our families can support this worthy cause by donating used/no longer worn shoes of all types to the club, who is collecting, sorting and cleaning shoes for local charities, churches and homeless shelters.
Follow Instagram magicshoecdm – next meeting is Tuesday, March 13th in Room 226 during lunch. BRING YOUR SHOES TO THE MEETING OR TO PRACTICE. Thank you!
- Thank you to Ceci St. Geme for arranging the clubhouse rental; Melisa and Patrick Pence, Karen Taylor for uniform distribution; Christine Montgomery, Tara Tung, Sheri Griffin, Jennifer Turner, Julie Means and Hannah Lee for registration.
**SPRING BREAK PRACTICE SCHEDULE**
There is Track & Field practice scheduled for all those athletes who are not away during April 16th-19th.
April 16th Monday 8am
April 17th Tuesday 8am
April 18th Wednesday 8am
April 19th Thursday 8am
Our Next Pacific League Meet against Woodbridge High School is on Wednesday, April 25th at Woodbridge High School. Bus information to follow.
Let us know if you can bring waters/snacks or volunteer to help out on the field.
2018 Track & Field Season Schedule
Wednesday, April 25 Woodbridge HS* @ University HS 3:00pm ALL
Tuesday, May 1 Pacific Coast League Prelims @ University HS ALL
Friday, May 4 Pacific Coast League Finals @ University HS Qualified
Monday, June 4 CDM Track & Field Banquet – Oasis Sr Center **NEW DATE
Aug 5-10, 2018 Mammoth XC Training Camp – ** NEW DATE
* League Contest